The post about dinner dance and dry grad is finally here! So I have to say it was AMAZING! I can say that grade 11's who are turning grade 12's next year you won't be dissapointed. So starting us off we all met at school taking pictures, greeting friends. Then soon it was time to walk the red carpet. Lucky for us it stopped raining for our pictures, but I swear you would think the sun was shining from all the bright smiles. I was surprised at the lack of insanely poofy dresses. I think we had a total of 3. Just a note for girls that will be in grade 12 next year. Poofy dresses may look pretty but are a pain the butt to dance in and to sit on chair with.
Next we loaded up the buses and headed to the hotel. The ballroom we were in was beautiful. The food was amazing, if you get a chance you should ask Ms.Chen about the chocolate mouse. I unfortunatley didn't get the chance try it, but I heard it was really good. My suggestion to you is as soon as you get dinner go over to the desert table too. Our night was filled dancing and mingling. Before the dancing began however speechs were made. One was from the girls to the boys, boys to the girls, teachers to students, students to teachers, and of course our wise Principal had a few words to say.
Soon our dinner dance had come to an end and we had to load back into our buses to get back to school for our much anticipated dry grad. We arrived at school and walked thought the front doors. We walked in and there was a celeb theme going on, where it be music or movies you name it it was there. Vinal Records hung around some place and stuck to walls. We were giving a white teeshirt and a sharpie marker to have our grads sign shirts. One wing had a casino filled with games,and some sort of bungee thing.. The B wing had a karokee box, pingpong and other games. Now the rotunda was quite the sight to see. We had this bouncy castle thing and a velcro wall. What's better than seeing your fellow grads throw themselves to a wall and get stuck?
There was lots of food, music, place to sit and hang with everyone. There was even a spot where we could get airbrushed tatoos. Some people won prizes from raffle and at the end of the night every grad got a McMath Grad towel. It's blue and white with the words McMath 2010.
It was a great night, and one I'm sure everyone will remember. To the grade 11's I have to say this is a worthwhile event, even if your not into dancing or it's not your thing, you'll forever want to remember this event as it's the last time you'll see your fellow grads altogether..
To the McMath Class of 2010!
Yes!Prom was amazing. I believe we will forever remember this day!!
ReplyDeleteI agree that this was definitely a night to remember, way too short though :)
ReplyDeleteGrads of 2010!!!! <3 Your post is SO descriptive that I could come in 20 yrs and look that this post and have all the wonderful memories come flowing back....Great Job!
ReplyDelete